Scientific Editor - Benjamin J. Smith, PA-C, DFAAPA
Principal Faculty, Academic Coordinator, Teaching I
Florida State University College of Medicine, School of Physician Assistant Practice
Author - Leigh F. Callahan, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Orthopedics and Social Medicine
University of North Carolina, Thurston Arthritis Research Center Department
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
CME Content Reviewers
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
• Kimberly F. Kimpton, PT, Centennial, Colorado
• Atul A. Deodhar, MD, MRCP, Portland, Oregon
ACR Disclosure Statement
The ACR is an independent, professional organization that does not endorse specific procedures or products of any pharmaceutical/biotech concern. Educational activities provided by the ACR must demonstrate balance, independence, and scientific rigor. All those in a position to control the content of an activity must disclose all relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interest(s). For this educational activity, all conflicts of interest have been resolved through peer review and revisions to ensure independence, evidence base, fair balance, and absence of commercial bias. Faculty participating in an ACR-sponsored activity must disclose to the editorial team and audience any financial or other relationship(s) including, but not limited to:
- Stock, stock options or bond holdings in a for-profit corporation or self-directed pension plan
- Research grants
- Employment (full or part-time)
- Ownership or partnership
- Consulting fees or other remuneration (payment)
- Non-remunerative positions of influence such as officer, board member, trustee or public spokesperson
- Receipt of royalties
- Speakers' bureau
Faculty disclosures listed apply in numeric format according to the list above. In accordance with ACR policy an individual who refuses to disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from being a planning committee member, a teacher, or an author of CME, and cannot have control of, or responsibility for the development, management, presentation or evaluation of the CME activity.
Benjamin J. Smith, PA-C, DFAAPA - American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Board, honorarium for Board service, American Academy of Physician Assistants Commission on Continuing Professional Development and Education, Chair, non-compensated, Conference speaker-AAPA, GAPA, AANP 9
Leigh F. Callahan, PhD - NIH/NIAMS-Improving Disability in Knee Osteoarthritis by Targeting Neuromuscular Deficits, Weight Loss and Exercise for Communities with Arthritis in North Carolina, Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Center-Mitigating the Public Health Impact of Osteoarthritis; PCORI Physical Activity vs. Internet Based Exercise Training for Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis; CDC/Arthritis Foundation, Osteoarthritis Action Alliance; NIH – Mortality in a sample of adults with arthritis; CDC/The Johnston County OA Project: Arthritis and Disability 2; Scimetrika, LLC Review Articles; Eli Lilly-Baricitinib Medical Advisory Board 5
CME Content Reviewers
- Kimberly F. Kimpton, PT - No relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Atul A. Deodhar, MD, MRCP - Glaxo Smith Klein-OHSU/Belimumab in ANCA Associated Vasculitis; Amgen-OHSU/Broadalumab in Psoriatic Arthritis; Pfizer-OHSU/Tofacitinib in Ankylosing Spondylitis; Novartis-OHSU/Secukinumab in Psoriatic Arthritis & Ankylosing Spondylitis; Eli Lilly-OHSU/Ixekizumab in Psoriatic Arthritis 2; AbbVie, Amgen, Beohringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Novartis, Pfizer, Sun Pharma, UCB, Advisory Boards; Spartan, Chair 9
*The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
This continuing medical education activity will not include reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.