To qualify as an Associate Rheumatology Health Professional Member, an applicant must:
- Reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico
- Have demonstrated an interest in rheumatology practice, research or education
- Obtain the signature of a current member of the ARHP or ACR who is familiar with the applicant's professional competence, ethics and moral standing
Examples of qualified applicants include, but are not limited to:
- Technicians, assistants and office staff
- Non-degreed clinical research coordinators
Degreed professionals qualify for the Rheumatology Health Professional category.
Registered nurses are not eligible for associate membership; they qualify for the Rheumatology Health Professional category.