By joining or using ACR Discussion Groups you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and notices.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the
Discussion Groups. If you have questions, contact the Discussion Group
administrator. The ACR reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership
on any or all groups for users who violate these rules.
Rules for usage
- Do not engage in illegal actions, including but not limited to violating
antitrust regulations, libel, or posting copyrighted materials.
- Do not use these Groups to market or sell services or products, or
to post other commercial messages.
- Be kind. Do not attack others or use defamatory language.
- Use caution when discussing products.
- Do not use abusive, profane, threatening, or offensive language. Do
not post anything in a Discussion Groups message that you would not
want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came
- The ACR and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce
postings to the Discussion Groups.
- Attachments to postings are allowed, but we don't offer virus protection
on attachments. Participants download and open attachments at their
Disclaimer and legal notices
This list is provided as a service of the American College of Rheumatology.
The ACR accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted
on this site by others. The ACR disclaims all warranties with regard to
information posted on this site, whether posted by the ACR or any third
party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability
and fitness. In no event shall the ACR be liable for any special, indirect,
or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss
of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use
or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he
or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received
permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants
the ACR and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display,
copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members
to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to
price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended
to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate
an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts,
or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or
cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of
customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers
or suppliers or patients.
The ACR does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings
and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However,
in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the ACR's attention,
the ACR will take all appropriate action.
The ACR reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not
abide by these guidelines.
Discussion Groups etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation,
location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in
the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately
to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your
reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information
that will benefit everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me,
too" to individuals-not to the entire list. Do this by using your
e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and
pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list,"
through the Discussion Groups. Instead, use the My Profile page on
the ACR Web site to change your settings or to remove yourself from
a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need
to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address.
Simply notify the firstname.lastname@example.org staff of the change.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject
line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long