To enhance the value and impact of rheumatology in a changing health care environment
The ACR endorses the following core values in support of our vision and mission:
- Service to Members
- Vitality of the Profession
- Excellence in Patient Care
Strategic Goals represent outcome-oriented statements intended to guide and measure the ACR's future success. The achievement of each goal will move the organization towards the realization of its one-three year envisioned future. These goals are based on the members' feedback and outline where ACR needs to change to remain relevant to its members.
- The ACR will develop tools to address evolving payment reforms, increase practice efficiency, and improve quality of care.
- The ACR will increase recognition of the value of the specialty of rheumatology.
- The ACR will strengthen research and training in rheumatology.
- The ACR will provide an IT infrastructure to deliver ACR initiatives.
- The ACR will reshape volunteerism.
- The ACR will increase its international outreach and presence.
- The ACR will meet the changing educational needs of our members and stakeholders.